Christmas time is coming and it's time to start making some delicious treats for our friends and love ones (Yourself too of-course). Gingerbread men are a popular biscuit at this time so today we are presenting you with our recipe.
Make sure to have all ingredients before starting and a cookie cutter before starting.
Tip: You can use any shape of cookie cutter you like, a gingerbread heart would be sweet for a loved one.
- Line two baking trays with grease proof paper.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and brown sugar with an wooden spoon or electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and honey. Beat until well combined.
- Add flour, ginger, cinnamon and baking soda. Mix with a wooden spoon until just combined.
- Cover the bowl and let chill in the fridge until dough is less sticky, about 4 to 8 hours should be enough.
- Once chilled, lightly cover the surface with flour roll out 6mm thick sheet.
- Preheat over to 180C
- Dip cookie cutter into flour, cut out your ginger gentlemen and place onto your baking tray.
- Place baking tray into the oven for 10 - 12 minutes until your biscuits start to brown at the edges.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before you decorate them.
We would love to see your biscuits and your choices of decoration on our Facebook page.